ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 23 - 27, 2020
As this school week comes to an end, I wish to let you know how grateful the Irvine staff is for all of the hard work, effort and adjustments to remote learning (eLearning, Virtual Learning, online learning) that are being made. I can only imagine all the the questions, concerns, and uncertainty that each of you have. Please rest assured that every Irvine teacher and staff member is working hard to connect with you in order to maintain teaching and learning opportunities. So many of the students have already connected with their teachers on various on-line learning platforms, like Google Classroom, Power School, and ZOOM. Your children are already doing the work, participating in virtual meetings, and engaging in the learning process. Parents, I strongly encourage you to take the time to learn how the Irvine teachers and your children are interacting so that learning and teaching continue despite this historic event taking place in our world. Going forward, my suggestions are these:
• Establish a daily schedule with your child to do their school work (School is in session. This is not vacation time!)
• Have them show you what they are doing
• Monitor work completion
• Do physical activity. Their PE teachers are posting exercise suggestions
• Message and email the teachers and Mr. Gates (firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
• Follow all recommended health and safety precautions related to COVID-19.
Special Blessings to you all!
Spring Break is April 6-10!
Together, we got this!
Mr. Gates, Principal